[pythran] Re: Installation problem from NT2

  • From: MBR MBR <mbr.joos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 21:55:49 +0200

Hi Serge,

Thanks for the tips! I tried both, and both actually worked to install
Pythran.

I then had some conflict between libraries and all my gccs (the one of my
system, the one I installed with Modules, and the one coming from Anaconda)
and Pythran failed to find OpenMP. I then reinstall Pythran "by hand" with
my latest install of gcc (a 4.9.2). Not sure it was necessary, but at least
it is consistent... And then, if I Pythranize my piece of code with this
version, it seems to work fine!

Thanks again for the help!

Cheers,
Marc

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 9:10 PM, serge guelton <sguelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 06:05:06PM +0200, MBR MBR wrote:
Dear all,

I am trying to install Pythran on my computer (a GNU/Linux Ubuntu
12.04). I
have Python 2.7.9 from Anaconda 1.8.0.

So far, I tried to install Pythran with pip (after upgrading my Boost
library to 1.48; all the other requirements are met), but it failed with
the following error, when it tries to install NT2:

[...]
from
/tmp/pip-build-7WVr4L/pythran/nt2/modules/test/unit/src/main.cpp:22:

/tmp/pip-build-7WVr4L/pythran/nt2/modules/sdk/error/include/nt2/sdk/error/trap.hpp:46:3:
erreur: ‘BOOST_FORCEINLINE’ does not name a type
[...]

and then I have tons of this error.

Hi MBR and thanks for the report,

it seems nt2 requires a more modern version of boost, as stated in

http://github.com/NumScale/nt2/issues/384

at least 1.50.

You're running an aging version of ubuntu, but the following may work:

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:apokluda/boost1.53
sudo apt-get install libboost-python1.53-dev libboost1.53-dev

Also, I wonder what is your compiler version?

** OR **

I have been trying to setup a conda repo for pythran. It's mostly
untested, but you can try it as you're using anaconda

conda install -c https://conda.binstar.org/serge-sans-paille pythran