[python] Re: [virtualsteeringaxis] virtual axis FWD - sounds right

  • From: Michael Rienstra <ageless@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, virtualsteeringaxis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 20:07:58 -0700

John,

Wow, you found my virtualsteeringaxis yahoogroup! :)

I never really finished setting it up, because the idea is being discussed on the Python mailing list -- you can join in if you like! There are probably around 10-15 posts discussing it in the archives (mostly under '08-2004', i.e. the archives for the month of August), and I hope to start working on a prototype in the next week.

The Python homepage: http://www.python.tieflieger.net/

Welcome aboard!

Michael

On Sep 5, 2004, at 7:10 PM, tolhurst@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Yes, Yes!

I love the idea of such a linkage for use with a FWD. The way I imagine
it:

Solid structure from bb to front axle. Front axle is one of the bars. Flat
plate is two side bars, Frame is last bar.

Tom Traylor's carbon fibre FWD has suspension on moving arm, wish I could
understand how that was done.

Also, with a non-fork arrangement, steering axis need not be at 68 or so
degrees from the horozontal. It can be more verticle, at say 80 degress,
making low speed steering even easier.

With this approach a monocoque structure is more viable.

Regards,
John