[python] Re: vertical steering axis

  • From: Ray Schumacher <mtb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:13:48 -0700

At 10:58 PM 4/24/2007, you wrote:
On Tuesday 24 April 2007 18:25:22 Oupa wrote:
> Bill Patterson <wmpatterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, an engineer, ex-academic

I bought Bill's book while building my low racer
http://rjs.org/recumbents/images/IMG_4276.JPG
which has an 88 degree headtube and 3" trail. (Bill recommended more for speed, but it turns better with 3; it is also speed limited by the torsional flex of the long rectangular tube - it's twisty).

He doesn't have any vertical Flevos in his book, only a normal one with low angle and positive trail. I assume from the text that the vertical ones also had positive trail. With the trail the same, vertical heads just seem to make the response of small steer adjustments faster, my long WB bent is ridable at 3mph.

OT; my friend Andreas Georgioupolis has a garage down the alley and builds bikes:
http://rjs.org/temp/IMG_3974_super_Dino.JPG
http://rjs.org/temp/
He always gives me a hard time for the "junk" I build. Of course, he spends 2-3 years on each, and has "only" made 4 in 20 years...

- Ray