[python] tire pressure

  • From: "Dirk Jan Luiting" <djl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 17:32:17 +0200

Hi all,

Good to see a list of variables being born for the python project.

just built my no welding NON python,
http://www.nupi.nl/index.php?id=383d7200f0
a bit reluctant of welding, and this one is to discover the whole recumbant
thing.
in following of the python bike i called this one camel bike :-),
as its like riding between the humps of a camel with this thing
my next will be python though. ok get to the point.

but what is relevant to the python forum is my findings about tirepressure

first i wrote an email to Jürgen about the idea of front suspension.
this was also with the idea in mind that front suspension
could damp the dynamic loads on the center steering pivot.
he replied that this was not needed.

now i see his point after constructing and riding my own bike
what i found out with my bicycle is that by lowering the front tire pressure
you will get a conciderable more comfy ride
also seems not to bounce so much when you lower pressure,
and more stable therefor.

//Dirk Jan Luiting