[python] Re: the other Tour

  • From: Olaf Johansson <noll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 22:51:15 +0200

On Jul 6, 2005, at 19:58, Sam v. Herwaarden wrote:

Tonight I just came home from a short 'Abend ride' on Monty. I tried to
do a wheelie by getting the rear wheel in the air. In fact it went a
little too well and I fell off the bike. Not much to hold on to on a
python going on one wheel ...
So the theory of a python doubling up when applying much brake force
is wrong? Good :D

Yes as long as your body is stiff from panic

Also I was wondering whether people ever experience problems with the
front wheel drive due to loss of grip - last weekend I practiced on a
flevobike for the first time, great fun but the grip sucks.

My flevo definately has more problems with loss of grip than the python. However, last week Dirk and I tried to start from a yard laid with a thick layer of gravel on it - impossible! We had to walk and carry the pythons to harder surface while the other recumbents in the group managed fine.

olaf

I would
imagine that because of the long wheelbase of a python, low seat and
position in the front the weight distribution is relatively good (or
absolutely good?).
BTW I've started on my site, it can be found on www.skyllabent.com at
times the server works. There's very little (no) info on it yet but
I'm making progress.
Sam