[python] Re: the other Tour

  • From: Olaf Johansson <noll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 22:44:38 +0200

On Jul 6, 2005, at 21:03, Jürgen Mages wrote:

Hi Olaf,

Strangely enough I am not so bothered by the unicycle seat. The other day I made another 28 km ride on my 36-incher ...

That´s amazing. How do you brake downhill?

Till now I have used my legs but holding against the pedal force can be quite tiring. I will perhaps mount a brake which can be used as a drag brake when riding long descents. On the other hand we don't have that many hills in the south of Sweden.

Here's a pic of Beau Hoover's 36 inch Coker with magura brakes

http://community.webshots.com/photo/29172825/219029650bloZzF#

Long distance tours with 36" unicycles are held at various places on the globe. This year one 'Unitour' goes from Copenhagen to Skagen (600 km in 9 days) and the other one goes over the Alps - 852 kilometers over eight mountain passes with a total estimated 11,000 meters (36,000 feet) elevation gain.

her's more:

www.unitours.org

I think it would be nice if you could make it to the Danish WM with your python. If you choose to ride it all the way it would be the supreme test ride!

Aalborg are another 500 km to go. My Hamburg stay ends at august 14th, so there would be plenty of time to go to Aalborg until 20th of august. We'll see...

But leave the DF at home.

DF? double feature, dog food, data file, dead fish ???

 or diamond frame

olaf