[python] Re: the other Tour

  • From: Olaf Johansson <noll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 19:50:38 +0200

Jürgen,

I think you are a brave man. You should be given a medal or something for riding 270 km on an upright.

Personally I can endure 5 km on a bike before going sick.

Strangely enough I am not so bothered by the unicycle seat. The other day I made another 28 km ride on my 36-incher ...

(here is a pic of me and my Coker taken early this spring)

http://enhjulingsfolket.se/img/photos.big/olaf.jpg

... and that left me with a happy smile on my face and of course a slight numbness in the crotch region. But nothing so bad as to make me want to quit. To be honest I do get off the wheel approximately twice per hour and walk a couple of meters.

Tonight I just came home from a short 'Abend ride' on Monty. I tried to do a wheelie by getting the rear wheel in the air. In fact it went a little too well and I fell off the bike. Not much to hold on to on a python going on one wheel ...

I think it would be nice if you could make it to the Danish WM with your python. If you choose to ride it all the way it would be the supreme test ride!

But leave the DF at home.

olaf

On Jul 5, 2005, at 20:26, Jürgen Mages wrote:

On Sunday I made a big mistake.

As I am still wondering wether to make the 800 km
Hamburg-Tour in august with my upright trekking bike
or with the python I made the experiment:

270 km with the trekking in two days.

The first day was ok, except of the light sunstroke that I got.
The second day with 130 km was horrible. My hands, wrists,
neck and bottom were completely sore. I had to make breaks
after every 10 km to get better and could hardly ride faster
than 20 km/h.

Now I feel better and made the decision either to make the
tour with the python or choose the sissy solution by train.

In former times I made BIG tours with the trekking. The
longest was 8000 km (Gibraltar and back).
But it seems that after almost 10 years of recumbent cycling
I got mollycoddled and could not do things like that again.
Or maybe it is a matter of aging?