[python] Re: the other Tour

  • From: Olaf Johansson <noll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 23:02:40 +0200

On Jul 6, 2005, at 22:15, mtb@xxxxxxx wrote:

I rode ~50km in the mountains Monday on my Trek. If I ride no-hands often my wrists and back are OK, and if I stand and honk then my crotch comes back to life.

Standing/rising from the seat can actually be done on a unicycle as well.

I have ordered a pair of handles which will be mounted under the saddle. Their prime function is to take some load of the saddle while leaning on them.

I need to put a smaller chainring on the python so those hilly rides are do-able for me.

At 12:03 PM 7/6/2005, you wrote:
Hi Olaf,

Strangely enough I am not so bothered by the unicycle seat. The other day I made another 28 km ride on my 36-incher ...

That´s amazing. How do you brake downhill?

I was hiking in the mountain last weekend and saw a guy riding down Kitchen Creek Road on a 20" unicycle (it drops ~2200' over ~7 miles.)

But leave the DF at home.

DF? double feature, dog food, data file, dead fish ???

Around our house: dog fart. Best left outside...

With all of le Tour hoop-la, I didn't see a mention of RAAM. There were 2 recumbent teams, but no soloists. One bent team came in third - http://www.raceacrossamerica.org/files/raam2005/riders/ Team%20ALS%20Bacchetta_2005.htm
One member was quoted: 'Given the remarkable growth in support for gays and lesbians, I think there is a chance that recumbents might someday be accepted.'

Ah, another realist among the HPV crowd! I believe anyone holding his breath for Joe Average to discover the recumbent bicycle will soon perish.

olaf

Cheers,
Ray