[python] the other Tour

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 20:26:35 +0200

On Sunday I made a big mistake.

As I am still wondering wether to make the 800 km
Hamburg-Tour in august with my upright trekking bike
or with the python I made the experiment:

270 km with the trekking in two days.

The first day was ok, except of the light sunstroke that I got.
The second day with 130 km was horrible. My hands, wrists,
neck and bottom were completely sore. I had to make breaks
after every 10 km to get better and could hardly ride faster
than 20 km/h.

Now I feel better and made the decision either to make the
tour with the python or choose the sissy solution by train.

In former times I made BIG tours with the trekking. The
longest was 8000 km (Gibraltar and back).
But it seems that after almost 10 years of recumbent cycling
I got mollycoddled and could not do things like that again.
Or maybe it is a matter of aging?

Cheers,
Jürgen.