[python] Re: steering angle

  • From: Robert Bunting <metalheads@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 05:39:38 -0400

Jurgen,

If the Airbike is 50 deg. why did you select 65 or 70? what do you think would happen at 55 or 60 for a python? Maybe I should try an adjustable head tube angle or is this way too much overthinking!?

regards, Rob
On Apr 26, 2004, at 4:43 AM, Jürgen Mages wrote:

Of course, NT is always the topic number one, when talking
about the python.

For my part, this problem is solved by the "hanging pendulum"
effect.

Last year I rode upto 70 km/h downhill without feeling
unsafe. In the flat I reached 40 km/h. Braking at high speeds
caused no instability.

In the very beginning the bike started to wobble at higher speeds,
but this was because there was too much play in the rear
suspension.

I understand that everyone has to make his own practical
experience with this. The NT item can not be discussed
on a theoretical base alone.

Driving dynamics is a complicated mixture of multiple
forces and even the experienced frame developer
cannot predict wether a given design is well rideable or not.

Regards from Jürgen.