[python] Re: status update p300

  • From: Pasi Räsämäki <pasi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 12:59:19 +0300

Jep.

To Dirk.

Yes. I use Shimano M324 Clipless SPD/Flat Pedals. It feels almost
impossible to handle python without cycling shoes or sandals. I haven´t
heard these "Speedplay frogs" - thank´s for that. Idea looks interesting. I
try to buy frogs and tested it, even my bikes price almost jumps to double.

More about Speedplays > http://www.speedplay.com/

To Ken.

I have Nexus 8 on front, nameless crapyard hub on back. I just got
wonderful old (never used one) F&S / Torpedo AUTOMATIC hub.
http://hubstripping.wordpress.com/fs-torpedo-automatic/

I´m going to change it to front. After that, i can throw all cables and
levers away. Bike comes more simple, lighter too.

Bike weigth on that race pic is 13.3 kg. After hub change > 12.3 and
without lever and cables approximately 11.5kg.

To Mike.

Free float means that Speedplay Frogs have wider lateral leg moving
possibilities comparing to spd pedals.

--

Pasi