[python] Re: stand for the stokid python

  • From: Dirk Bonné <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 17:16:00 +0100

Hej Steffen, you see wrongly: There are still two calipers. Maybe it is because one of the red adjustment caps on the avid bb7 fell off and the top caliper blends more into the background.

Dirk

On 26.11.2011 17:04, Steffen Risse wrote:
Hello Dirk nice new detail on your bike. I've gone through your pythoon photos on picasa. Why did you took away the 2nd bake caliper. I've got the same configuration (2 calipers on the front disc) at the moment as there was no other option with a wheelchair as backpart of the frame. Now I'm thinking about how to solve the problem on my next trike. What was your reason to change the configuration.

Cheers,
Steffen

2011/11/26 Dirk Bonné <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
Hi,

Since a few weeks, the stokid python has a stand:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/7WD_KF-K2ejw_OYbDtCeydMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Zpanp45fGvRkMyz-tWJScNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

The stand is lightweight (10mmx1mm thickness) but still very stable. To
put the python on the stand I swivel it forward and it locks the front
part at the same time. To ride it swivels bckward against the bottom of
the frame. I thought I needed some securing mechanism, but the friction
made the pivot-bolt is enough to keep the stand up.

The stand is a big win for the python (especially when the bike is as
long as this one), and it is now difficult imagining the python without
it. Never I need to look for long free streches of walls to park the
bike, or I can easily work on the front part.

The width on the ground is about 17cms and this is wide enough to sit
securely on the bike, or load groceries asymmetrically without the bike
tipping over.

I had hoped that I could start the bike while in stand: put my feet on
the pedals and push the bike off with my hands on the ground. It would
have been so cool, but unfortunately that doesn't work: The point where
the stand sits on the ground is too much forward and there is simply too
much lift on the bike necessary to get the stand up again.

It looks like the winter is going to be soft, so I hope I will be able
to ride it daily with my son through the whole season!

Dirk

============================================================ This is the Python Mailinglist //www.freelists.org/list/python Listmaster: Jurgen Mages jmages@xxxxxx To unsubscribe send an empty mail to python-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field. ============================================================