[python] Re: seat buildiing

  • From: "Marc Huebner" <marchuebner@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:08:11 +0100 (MET)

Hi

We used the same idea to build our seats. You can find a picture on our
website

http://www.liegerad-tour.ch.vu

Click on "Die Liegeräder" an then on "Definitive Räder". The first picture
shows the plastic bag.

We thought that it's a good idea to take a vacuum cleaner to create negative
pressure. But when the electric motor can't cool itself by the flowing air,
it may be possible that the vacuum cleaner starts to burn...... .
To take a pump that is constructed for vacuum may be a real good idea!

When you do this, you have to take care, because the whole seat size is a
function of the vacuum pressure. You can feel this, when you are sitting on
the plastic bag and then you start to suck the air out.

With this method, you just have the base shape and you even have to use
plaster or something else to get a fine surface.

Marc

> Hi all,
>
> recently Jürgen Maier told me about building a
> GRP (glass fiber reinforced plastic) seat. The mold is
> made out of small styrofoam bubbles in a vacuumed
> plastic bag. An innovative idea, because one does not
> have to hassle with plaster.
> Jürgen said that once there was a link here in this list,
> with some construction details, but I could not find it.
>
> If someone has further infos, please let me know.
>
> Cheers from Jürgen.

> Listmaster: Juergen Mages jmages@xxxxxx

Marc Hübner
Keltenweg 1
CH-4132 Muttenz
0041 61 461 70 33
marchuebner@xxxxxx
http://www.marchuebner.ch.vu/

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!