[python] re-started Mk2 Python trike rear end

  • From: paul needham <paul.2.needham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 19:16:15 +0000

Hi all

Finally re-started the build of my Mk2 Python trike rear end:-

Mk2 Python trike rear end <http://forum.atomiczombie.com/showthread.php/9476-Building-a-python-trike-Mk2?p=107935#post107935>

I am after 3 things in no particular order :-

Longer trike so I can carry my camping gear and not have to tow a trailer

Rear brakes [ see below ]

Suspension [ simple ] to iron out a few of the bumps I encounter.

I was advised to put both my brakes on the front wheel.

This is not a good idea , I ride my trike in all weathers and seasons and to be honest in some situations this is positively dangerous ?

On numerous occasions [ in the 4 years I have been riding the trike ] I have locked up the front wheel so loosing all steering and have had to decide whether to continue and hope I stop in time OR stop braking and regain the steering and hope I can steer out of danger and NOT tip over.

I rode a Hase Kettweisel for many years with independent rear wheel brakes and it was perfectly safe , I should have built mine the same.

This also has rear wheel brakes and is praised for NOT brake steering and been very stable ?

Glens Python trike <https://trikeasylum.wordpress.com/2013/06/23/glens-delta-trike/>

all for now Paul