[python] Re: python work and web update

  • From: Ray Schümacher <mtb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 19:42:30 -0700

At 12:21 PM 5/17/2005, you wrote:

>On May 17, 2005, at 17:38, Ray Schümacher wrote:
>>
>>I'm still trying to get the feel for hands-off - I can ride on wide
>>streets for a few seconds before having to correct suddenly. I do now
>>feel a distinct competition for control between hands and feet,
>
>just get the hands in the air and surrender - your legs/feet are much
>stronger

They're just not as fast! - and I don't want to surrender to a nearby car ;-)

>The bike looks like a nice python but isn't that pivot angle very steep?

It was ~63 degrees, but I changed it to 70. It feels much more responsive;
although I haven't gone really fast (~30), I feel very stable if I coast and
push on both pedals. The first time I got on it after the change I could turn
around in half the diameter. The trail is still the absolute minimum, only
about 3mm from the tire to the pivot!

Ray