[python] Re: python history

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 11:37:15 +0100

Is this world first python:
http://flevofan.ligfiets.net/index.php?doc=ch4-02 (first picture)

It looks very python-like. I just could not figure out how the steering pivot is done and I wonder why there is no drivetrain visible. Some more info from Meindert Valenteijn would be great.

The german text translates as following:

"Ein Tieflieger mit Flevo-Lenkungsprinzip. Trotz dem Vorlauf
scheint es möglich zu sein, auf diesem Rad zu fahren! Aber
man sagte mir, dass es bei starkem Anbremsen die Tendenz zum
Zusammenklappen hat.
Ein Vorlauf ist immer riskant."

"This is a lowracer with the flevo-steering principle. Despite of
the negative trail it seems to be rideable! But I was told, that it
has tendencies to double up when braking hard.
A negative trail is always risky."

I doubt that it is the first python, because I think that this approach
has been made several times before. But it is very probably the first
documented prototype.