[python] python hatched!

  • From: Dirk Bonne <dirk_bonne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:37:50 +0100

I just did my first ride on my new bicycle :-))))

        *** It rides like a dream! ***

My second ride was the ride home, from one part of the town to another (for the Copenhagen-experts under us: Nørrebrogade, from Nørrebro to inner center). And yes, I turned where I had to turn and straight where I had to go straignt!

To prevent people fainting by reading this, I confess:f I am a experienced flevo rider.

As a first impression. At normal city speed (zero -> 20km/h with lots of red lights), the bike felt very very stable. I had no starting problems at the crossings! (crossings are most difficult because of tensing up under the stress).

In fact it felt nearly the same as my flevo, a touch better even...

In my case, I believe, setting the negative trail to 140mm (instead of 300mm) was a lucky move. The "self centering effect" is not so strong as on a normal python, which makes the bike listen better to my legs. I tried a 26" python before and I had trouble to ride it. It felt like the bike wanted to go straight out, even when I didn't want it to. I did believe I would be able to master it after some time, but the python variant that is drying in the cellar, isn't like that at all. I feels much more like my own flevo bicycle.

It is not all nice though: I see I will have to do the U profile of pivot again. The way I decided to do it is impossible to do away the tolerance between the holes in the U profile and the axle.. But I hope to have the time to solve this tomorrow.

And eeek! I need fenders. It is horrible riding up wind in the rain.

Dirk

JPEG image