[python] Re: python Digest V12 #22

  • From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 13:55:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Paul,

OK with current pivot design, your max steering angle is limited by the frame.
If you can live with this, I would suggest leaving it alone for a few months
while you learn to steer at various speed & pivot angles, and establish your
preferences for later modification / build.

Regarding pedal ground clearance, combination of small wheel, long cranks, and
low BB makes it worse, but not too bad for a trike as you can't get too close
to curbs.  Placing BB a few inches above seat level should help, depending on
your riding preference.  The head-tube pivot design does allow 180 deg rotation
for folding, but puts the chainring at risk of hitting the ground.  Some kind
of restraint or chainring guard is needed in this case (see attached).

Vi