[python] Re: python Digest V12 #22

  • From: Paul Needham <paul.2.needham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 07:14:12 +0000

Vi

Yes mine is based on that design , and I have had lots of help from the builder with the finer details.

I am just try to establish whether I have enough steering lock or whether I need to find some more ?

I understand some builders have enough lock for their chain rings to hit the floor and so either use stands on the front end or a steering damper to keep the front vertical when they are not sitting on them ?

regards Paul
On 09/03/14 06:07, FreeLists Mailing List Manager wrote:
python Digest   Sat, 08 Mar 2014        Volume: 12  Issue: 022

In This Issue:
                [python] Re: Python trike progress & questions

Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 00:09:33 -0800 (PST)
From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [python] Re: Python trike progress & questions

Hi Paul,
Here is a trike similar to yours,
http://en.openbike.org/wiki/Python_Trikes#triked.2C_USA.
Some trikes on that page have steering handle bars.  In general, steering by
arm is not neccessary at low / moderate speed, which can get in the way rather
than helping.  Holding on to a non-steering handle bar or seat frame can help
your legs learn to steer.  Dillema with a python trike is that new riders don't
seem to know what to do with their free hands, unlike new python bike riders
who are too busy trying balance ...:)

Cheers,

Vi