[python] Re: python Digest V11 #48

  • From: Howard Stevens <hstevens94@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 21:35:17 +1000

Hi Marc,
I hear that you wanted to contact me about my designs.  As mentioned in the
mailing list, I am finalising a new one that hopefully will be the best!
It uses a folding joint designed by Steffen Risse.  My main problem has
been to get something that works well and folds well too!  These trikes are
made with fibreglass and carbon fibre and are very time consuming to make.
Fortunately I am retired and have the time.  As has been mentioned by
others, finding the best pivot angle is also something that needs a lot of
time in a new design.  Dirk Bonne mentions in the Python web page that the
heavier the rear section, the closer the ideal angle comes to the maximum
seat rising angle.  Last time I had an angle of 52 degrees but the wheel
flop was considerable.  This time I am trying for an angle of 55
degrees. For these heavier designs I have found approaching 60 degrees
creates too much PSI.  If you want to make contact my email is
hstevens94@xxxxxxxxx.  Best wishes  Howard