[python] Re: [python]

  • From: Dirk Bonné <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 21:30:32 +0100

Hey Paul

I think this is a very beautiful bike your riding. Also nice to see
something else then all those "racers"! ;-)

I can really believe that your bike is easier to learn, with that high
seat position, upright position, small trail and short wheel base. But
anyway, for the python we talk about 500km of practice (or is it
1000km?), but I feel this is just some relative conservative number, may
be just to not disappoint impatient builders. I suppose that there is a
large spread when learning the bike. We all start out with different
balancing abilities. Furthermore, everybody makes their own python
variant with more or less well chosen geometries and seat-pedal
distance. And then there is the temperament of the rider, that too
determines how fast things go.

Still, I prefer the low position and longish wheelbase of the python as
it makes a good climber out of the bike (no front wheel slipping), and
the more aerodynamic optimal placement of the feet does make it faster.

Beautiful spot to take a photograph :-)

best regards,
Dirk