[python] Re: positive trail scetches

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 19:49:58 +0200

Hi DJ,

to explain some what i have been babeling about,
some sketch and model in cardboard

you just re-invented the 4-bar-linkage steering system, that Michael Rienstra from California proposed about one year ago.

Michael even built a prototype that he called "Vython":

http://www.python-lowracer.de/pics/Michael_Rienstra_Vython.jpg

Later he run out of time, energy, money or motivation and so
we do not know the result of his experiments. Hope he did
survive the test ridings ;-)

The virtual steering pivot surely would produce positive trail,
resulting in a Tom Traylor style geometry. The steering system
to me seems quite complex and vulnerable.

Also I am still wondering if a pivot axis that is not going
through the hips causes steering/pedalling perturbances.