[python] Re: positive trail scetches

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:48:20 +0100

Hello Michael,

great to have you back here!
I already feared that you have vanished into virtual space ;-)

I'm still hopeful that I'll get around to it someday... Besides just being really busy and caught up with other things, I think I was a little discouraged by Laurent's conclusion that it wasn't viable, as well as by the discovery that someone had come to the same conclusion in the summer of 1978 (roughly 9 months before I was born!).

Both mentioned designs were rear wheel steered, which makes a big difference. Yours is FWS and I still find it very promising.

Some TT pilots say that they don´t feel pedal steer. So what about
copying their geometry with the four-bar-linkage pivot? This
could be a way to go.

Never the less, I'd still like to try it myself! I'd also like to try another approach, such as using a curved rail/track as the pivot -- I imagine that it could be made reasonable strong and light with the proper engineering (which would of course be far beyond my formal training, but I'm an optimistic fellow).

Curved rail/track pivot? Please tell us more!

I think that Dirk's Baby Python is very cool!

Yes, Dirk´s bike surely is a milestone in python history.

Greetings to sunny California,