[python] Re: pictures of the new python

  • From: Ronald Hongsermeier <ronwhongsermeier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 14:16:01 +0100

dennis-budding@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Ron wrote
What exactly is the file type that's 4MB. What version of SW are you using, what language, etc. Maybe I can help you, but if what I said above doesn't help, I'll need some more information from you.

Thanks for the help.
Yesterday I discovered that when you really cut a thread, your drawing becomes very large/heavy I got a tip from someone else to work with threadsurfaces instead of real threadcutting over a Helix
Its SW 2000. and I'm a real starter,self learning.

groet Dennis

The tip from your colleague is a good one, as it only makes sense to use cut-threads when it is _really_ mission critical anyway, i.e., if you have the fem, fea or whatever to test stuff electronically. As a general rule you'll also want to keep the number of parts in an assembly for sharing over the web to the smallest you can; i.e., if it isn't critical for things to be able to move, make it a feature instead of a part.

I have a double of a really good textbook that I could send you for a modest fee plus shipping. I bought and intensively worked with SW when thinking that I would be able to use it for Sport-boat and small craft design. I was taking a course on yacht-design as well. Then I was hit by a drunk driver while driving home from work, the yacht designer I was unofficially apprenticing with shafted me and the combination of factors dried up my energy and money. The book is titled Inside Solidworks 2nd Ed. by David Murray./*english lang.*/ It was written at the time of SW2000. I have since switched to 2001 version, but there weren't sufficient changes that anything is difficult to follow. If you have other questions I _may_ have some answers just shout.

greetings
Ron