[python] newborn

  • From: "Dennis Budding" <dennis-budding@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 23:32:03 +0100

today ,after way to many months of thinking, and about 10 hours of frying metal
(I wouldn't call it welding), I finished my first python.
I wasn't able to make some pictures but I'll post a few of them soon soon.

for now

Wheel size 18 inch
Wheelbase 930 mm
No suspension
Pivot angle  68 degrees
Trail - 275
Seatheight 250
Groundclearance 60 mm
steering mechanism 1 inch headset
Bb-eos 720, al little to short for my length
Bb-seatdiff 300
no steering handles
number of gears 1,  for now
the bike was built of one childs bike and two extra frontforks

because it was around workshop-closingtime  they only let me try for 5 minutes.
I was able to do a few 5-10 metre rides (lots of flevobike experience) I didn't
have gloves otherwise I would have tried to ride it home.........
the self centeringeffect is a remarkable experience. the bike really wants to
go straight, but when you're not sitting on it, it goes anything but straight.
When I started to learn a flevobike it was very difficult to ride in a straight
line. I made turns even when I didn't want to
The python wants to go in a straight line even if I want to make a turn.

Lots of training to do.
Today most of the distance was done with two hands touching the ground.

Pictures soon to come

aDieu

Dennis

By the way, is there anyone who has a litlle bike for my three year old son.

Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!