[python] Re: new wooden python in New Zealand

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 09:29:49 +0200

Thanks Dominic for sharing your ideas.

I guess this is the first NZ-Python ever. I like the rapid-prototyping approach and the way you reach your goals with minimum costs/efforts.

One thing: Take care to make the seat/body contact as good as possible. Shoulder support by the seatback is very important for steering.

Good luck,
Jürgen.

On 28.08.2010 08:54, Dominic Tarr wrote:
hi everyone,

I've just got my python to a (just) ridable prototype stage. it's built from wood, at each step trying to do the least to improve it the most. so far I haven't even used glue. it's still pretty bad, but improving at each step.
here is a blog post on it:

http://makerspace.org.nz/content/hello-world-wooden-center-steered-rapid-prototyped-recumbent

cheers. Dominic