[python] Re: new 20"-Python

  • From: Olaf Johansson <olaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 20:55:37 +0200

On 21 maj 2006, at 20.12, Jürgen Mages wrote:

Hi Colin,

you were the first to use rod-ends, so your experience
is much valued.

I am also curious about the rod ends. The prospect of being able to adjust pivot angle is interesting for my next python.

olaf

How would you estimate their lifetime in a python? 20.000 km?

The cheap cartridge BB that I use in my P3 now has
14.000 km, without any play.
Considering that I got them from an old bike when I
built the P3, they seem to hold up pretty good.

Different experiences with the cup and cone BBs that were
built into the P1 and P2 prototypes as steering pivots: They
already had some bearing play after a few hundreds of km.