[python] Re: monty pics

  • From: Olaf Johansson <noll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 09:40:46 +0200

On May 3, 2005, at 21:44, Jürgen Mages wrote:

This means there is a minimum of load on the bolts, all the stress is directed in the steel plates of the pivot fork. So far this works well. And if the bearings in the bb goes kaputt I insert a new bb cartridge.

I used the old style cup and cone BBs (P1+P2) as well as a cartridge BB (P3). Both types seem to resist the axial forces fairly well (several thousands of km so far). The cup and cone BBs had to be adjusted once after some 100 km but then they were ok.

I was thinking maybe I should turn the axle a quarter of a turn every month or so to even out the wear on the bearings. Would this have any effect you think?

Hoping to hear from Hanno´s and Jürgen Maier´s Igludur steering pivot experiments soon. They would surely be a progress if they work well.

Oh indeed! I am already having wet dreams about a 16" python made of carbon fibre with composite bearings. I wake up hysterically laughing at the image of a scale showing 6,5 kg ^ _ ^

olaf