[python] Re: monty pics

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 21:44:16 +0200

This means there is a minimum of load on the bolts, all the stress is directed in the steel plates of the pivot fork. So far this works well. And if the bearings in the bb goes kaputt I insert a new bb cartridge.

I used the old style cup and cone BBs (P1+P2) as well as a cartridge BB (P3). Both types seem to resist the axial forces fairly well (several thousands of km so far). The cup and cone BBs had to be adjusted once after some 100 km but then they were ok.

Hoping to hear from Hanno´s and Jürgen Maier´s Igludur
steering pivot experiments soon. They would surely be
a progress if they work well.

Cheers,
Jürgen.