[python] Re: minq

  • From: "Christoph Falkner" <Bernard_Falkner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 15 Jan 2006 12:05 GMT

Hi again,

  "Dirk Bonné" <dirk_bonne@xxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

 "Okay. I was thinking about the chain pulling the wheel sideways. I thought
that the big   handle bars were to counteract that."

Sorry, I didn´t see this aspect. Chain must pull in direction or exactly
parallel to the steering axis to have NO momentum around the steering axis. On
the Bevo it does, on the Minq not.

 "Such a bike with understeering. The seat a lower. Foldability. Could be nice."

Funny. That were exactly my thoughts when I saw the pictures ;-). But you are
limited in BB and seat high: To have enough "chainstay"-length for clean
shifting, BB couldn´t be lower than 63 cm with 20"-wheels or 58 cm with
16"-wheels. If the distance between BB and seat high should´t be more than 25
cm, minimum seat high ist 38 cm respective 33 cm. OK, still quite low.

 "I googled for BEVO, they used an extra roller to handle the stress on the
derailleur."

This roller seems to be a MUST, if you use a derailleur.

Cheers,
Christoph