[python] Re: micro python

  • From: Olaf Johansson <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:38:56 +0100

Thanks for sharing, Jürgen. Very clean and simple. But I have never heard of 14¨ wheels before.

One reason my monty wasn't a big sucess as a bring-along-bike, was that it was separable instead of foldable. So I gave in and bought myself a Brompton which I frequently use on buses and trains. It folds easily and quickly, and most important, the parts are still attached to eachother when folded. The B can be carried as a suitcase.

A separated Monty on the other hand, consists of two irregularly shaped steel contraptions that refuses to stick to eachother. I have battled with straps, rubber bands and plastic sacks but to no avail. Monty can't be carried otherwise than in your arms like a helpless baby. What I am saying is, try to work out a solution so the parts will hold together and that the package is not too wide so it can be carried with one hand without chafing your thigh. It shouldn't be necessary to always bring a travel suitcase on your bike trip.

I think for a practical bring-along-bike these things are more important than weight and folding time.

On the Micro you will be seated further back than many python riders on their bikes. This probably means that your hip joints will not be fully engaged in the steering process. Perhaps this will give you a slightly "stiffer" feeling, I don't really know.

The lower bearing for the steering pivot will have to be better secured by another frame part, I guess.

I am very curios on how you will design the Iglidur bearings. And when that is done, I will be very curious on how well they will stand the abuse.

Anyway, good luck with the project!

Olaf