[python] Re: making a jig -- again

  • From: juermaier@xxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 13:01:19 +0100

Am 29 Oct 2005 um 12:58 hat Dirk Bonne geschrieben:

Hi Dirk
> Is it a good idea to use a middle plane at all?

I think so. Even so you can use it only once it is less work to fix all points
than my frame jig

> Is MDF a good idea for jig material? Or should I take some other wood? I

MDF is good,  I am thinking of using it too for my TT projekt, 20 mm thickness
of MDF should
be enough, because only the fixing points can be welded, than the plane must be
destroyd for
round welding.

By the way, my green python is made of 16 mm tubes (upper) and 12 mm tubes
(lower) and
there is only a little deformation under the seat (approximately 5 mm).
But little tubes will not gain weight. my python is around 14 kg.
Much more work with little tubes.
But the filigran design is great and I like it very much.

Your design will be very stiff.

If you put the bb nearer to the front wheel, you  will gain a better handling
and less side forces.

Greetings Jürgen Maier