[python] Re: introduce myself --- annoucements+pythonautmap

  • From: "dirk@xxxxxxxxxx" <dirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 17:48:34 +0200 (CEST)

> We shared ideas, talked about the shortcomings of our bikes and the things we
> wanted to add or make differently. Then both of us had the idea about a Python
> meeting. Not sure if this will ever happen since Pythonist are scattered
> around the world, but meeting a few can be fun and usefull for sharing
> experiences.
> I think it's already mentioned, but would it be possible to have some kind of
> a world map with the locations of people with Pythons? Or has it already been
> added to the Wiki but did I just miss it?
>
> Patrick

Hi Patrick,

if you feel like meeting, create a wiki page describing you event and link to it
from the front page meet-up block. we had some meeting in the past, but
certainly lack them in recent years.

regarding the pythonaut map: this could prove quite interesting. it should be
possible to integrate google, or openstreetmap into the wiki to document this,
but it need to research into this as i have never done this before.

Is there general interest in a map?

greetings,
DirkS