[python] Re: internal hub gear

  • From: dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 21:08:35 +0200

The monty of Olaf uses an internal hub gear (3 gear) with back-pedaling-brakes.

   http://www.olafjohansson.com/monty/montypage.html

The internal gears or brakes are no problem. I have ridden the monty in traffic in Malmö (a bigger city in Sweden), and found it a little dangerous because of the missing "real brakes". The back-pedaling-brakes do slow down the reaction time, or alternatively severily limit braking force when the pedals aren't in the right position. This is not a specific python problem, and probably the same on an upright.

Jérémy Hanon wrote:
Hello,

does anybody have ever tried to build a python with an internal hub gear (
f.ex. i-motion 9...)and back-pedaling-brakes?
i thought it would be a nice way to avoid some problems with the chain lenght. i know
they are a little heavier then "normal" gears but it seems to me that the
advantages prevails.
or is it impossible because of stearing? i never had the oportunity to ride a python
so i don´t know if its possible.