[python] Re: inseam fit

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:33:19 +0200

PS: Sorry, one question: For the BB-FWA measurements, FWA is the front wheel axle, as opposed to the point FWaP as described on the Python construction page? It looks like that from the picture of p4 with measurements that you sent, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks again!

Yes. FWA = front wheel axle.

PPS: Er, make that "Sorry, two questions:". P4 appears to have 170 mm cranks, so:
BB-EOS + crank length - Maja's inseam =
635 mm + 170 mm - 725 mm = 80 mm

Yes. Good that you mention this. I forgot to say that the bike is about 20 mm too long for Maja. She can ride it, but it is much harder than it could be. As it is not possible to make BB-EOS shorter than 635 cm with the given wheelsize, I am thinking of using 150 mm cranks.

Also BB-FWA with 34 cm is way too short for a good chainline.
The best solution for Maja would have been a 20" python.
But she is growing rapidly ;-)