[python] Re: idea

  • From: "brechtix" <brecht.vandeputte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:40:07 +0100

Where would we put the front pivot? When in line with the cassette there
will be a steering flaw under braking, when in line with the wheel (like
Mike Burrows' lowracer which had a non driven front wheel turning around
its hub) we'd have to put the chain line perpendicular to the plane of
the pivot. Which means an extra idler so we're back to the known FWDs.

So it seems to depend on how bad braking affects steering. Not so easy
to install brakes on such an offset front wheel either. Skipping the
front brake is not an option.

"Architecture must not obscure the real beauty found in simple things."
D. Berke

Brecht Vandeputte
Architect | MSc. Comm & Inf
Office J.MacLeodstraat 4