[python] Re: iLean Python Delta Trike

  • From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 22:00:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Patrick,

Thanks. Yes, the wheel placement is odd, something between an inline and delta
setup.  On the practical side, the inside wheel can be placed forward to help
with tighter corner.  Also, the wheels work together to absorb the bumps quite
nicely, rising half the height of the bumps when only one wheel hits.  Your
trike should have similar benefits, except for speed bumps.

There is also some stabilization / tolerance of PSI.  At least I am not so
afraid to pedal a little faster.  Then of course there is the leaning, almost
fearless.  Falling is not so easy, because leaning / traction lasts longer, so
the fall is shorter / slower?  Here is the gravel test video,
http://youtu.be/zmVEcx-Ug2g.    It's possible to recover at the limit by
pushing the trike upright...

Cheers,

Vi