[python] Re: getting a gauge

  • From: Markus Brunner <super.firetwister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:44:41 +0100

Hi Peter,

On Monday 22 March 2010, Peter Davis wrote:
> I spoke to my brother, and he spoke to his doctor, and they decided that a
> dual power bike (feet and hands) would be more advantageous then one or the
> other.

I'm also interested in building a dual power python. My plan is NOT to have a
rowing movement. So your right arm and left foot are pushing, while your left
arm and right foot are pulling.
It will be much easier if the hand and foot cranks positions are fixed and
don't have a freewheel, because you want a freewheel that will only lock in
one position, which you probably have to build yourself. A back pedal brake
would be nice, to keep your response times short.

I'm having this plan for quite a while now, hopefully you have more time.

Looking forward to see your sketch

Markus