[python] Re: fully faired 2-wheel Python --> faired flevo

  • From: Rhisiart Gwilym <Rhisiart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 00:21:17 +0000

here it is
a fully faired flevo !
thanks to Eric Wannee's flevo site

regards Dennis

Ok - I surrender ;-)

Build it and then let's see what happens ...

Jürgen.

Actually, the issues of a) big nose space required for the front end to swing; and b) attachment of the entire fairing to the rear end only (well, the middle section, if you have rear suspension), with the whole front cantilevered from there have both been exercising my imagination for some time.

I didn't want, as that picture on Erik's site always looked to me, to have an articulated fairing, with the front part mounted on the front part, if you see what I mean. Makes the steering too heavy, and too subject to wind gusts, I surmise. (But then again, who knows, if it's fine and light and minimal enough.....? It's similar to what Zzip fairings do, after all.)

So my current thinking is a super-light material with a bounce-back capacity if hit. The closed-cell sleeping mats are my current favourite, and have been tried, I know, by a Deutscher self-builder, whose site I can never find again now when I search. Think it might have been through one of Erik's links. But he gave detailed building instructions, with fruits-of-experience advice. It seems to be possible, from what other fairing builders using foams have said, to construct all panels AND all internal bracing from the same foam, and get a complete head-out fairing weighing between 3 and 5 kilos. That's my image, anyway. But "....between the idea and the reality falls the shadow....." Yep, we'll see what happens. Perhaps I'll die first.

Cofion,    Rh.