[python] Re: fully faired 2-wheel Python

  • From: stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:17:16 +0100

Jürgen , Rhisiart and all others,

right, the nose can´t be really small, but i think it will be possible to fix
it to the front part. This would make it smaller because no room for the
movements of the frame while steering is needed.
The nose fixed to the rear frame is no option for me, in case of impossibility
of my 2-part-fairing-connected-with-stretchable-nylon-idea i would leave away
the nylon and the nose first and try it with an windshield in front of the BB.

BTW: I found a page which discribes exactly what i want to do with the rear
side: http://home.arcor.de/ahentze/fahrrad/galeo/koffer/index.html
The front part may be made like Wolfgangs Forelle, but much smaller.

I wonder if a nose-fairing fixed to the front part really comes off badly whith
side wind. I think a aerodynamicly shaped fairing should make the bike less
suspectible for side wind. Am i wrong ?

Stephan