[python] Re: frontend

  • From: "Sam v. Herwaarden" <sammelweis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:50:14 +0100

> As Dirk's calculation shows:
>
> http://www.python-lowracer.de/pics/height_vs_trail.gif
>
> the seat rising increases almost linearly with the NT, thus is the self
> centering force.
I agreee with that.

> With increasing NT, the coasting force that wants to turn the front part
> backward will increase as well - most probably much more than
> the centering force, thus easily zeroing this force out.
But why this? The python has proved that the self-centering effect is
stronger than the stabilizing effect induced by positive trail. What
is the reason for you to think that this coasting force will suddenly
take over and increase in force much faster than the self centering
effect?
You might be right, but in that case I don't think I understand how
this works yet.

> I wish some ingenious physicist will join this list and help us calculating
> these effects ;-)
I hope to become an ingenious physicist in time ;) As I said earlier,
I think this is a great subject for my thesis next year, so with some
luck I'll find something useful then :)
Sam