[python] Re: frontend

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:41:15 +0100

The curse of NT is the decreasing stability when coasting high
speed downhill. 60 kph is kind of a limit for this.
But the way I understand it, that is the curse of NT in general. When
you have more NT, you get more stability and I would expect downhill
speed to improve as well. Or am I wrong?

Unfortunately I am not good ad technical mechanics, but I assume the following:

As Dirk's calculation shows:

http://www.python-lowracer.de/pics/height_vs_trail.gif

the seat rising increases almost linearly with the NT, thus is the self
centering force.
With increasing NT, the coasting force that wants to turn the front part
backward will increase as well - most probably much more than
the centering force, thus easily zeroing this force out.

I wish some ingenious physicist will join this list and help us calculating
these effects ;-)