[python] Re: frame-shape frontpart from pivot to fronthub

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:33:20 +0200

On 11.10.2006 17:29, Dennis Budding wrote:

again about small wheels In the python project survey I can see that the Monty/ Ghislain/ Borm/Dirk bikes all have a horizontal tube between steeringpivot and frontwheelhub where the Nobuo and Gavin Katts bike have the connecting tube from pivot to the fronthub under an angle. is it just a matter of groundclearence or does this angle influence the steeringbehaviour. I'd think when under an angle the seat rise when making a turn is greater so also the selfcentering effect should be greater. but I don't ride a python yet so I can't tell.

The angled design has the advantage of gaining ground clearance and it avoids a possible collision of chain and "chainstay" in some gear combinations.

The linear design seems stiffer and the look is somewhat racier
to me.

Seat rise should only depend on pivot angle, trail and wheel size.

still only 15.000 km on a flevo

Good preconditions.