[python] four bar linkage rear wheel steer bikes

  • From: Michael Rienstra <ageless@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:24:57 -0800

Jürgen,

I was being conceived during the summer of 1978, when Craig J. Cornelius was building his first RSRB, which featured a four-bar linkage steering mechanism.

Seems like fate!

My vython has been stalled for two months -- my friend went out of town and I ended up not getting anything done by myself (except for buying slightly damaged M5 carbon fiber seat and a vacuum pump). Right now the workshop is being worked on, so no bike stuff for at least the next few weeks.

Here is where it's been stuck:

JPEG image

Someday it will have a BB, a seat, and a front fender, and then!!! and then... we'll see.

One of my new (and old) projects is:

a composite spring (70% efficiency) which stores braking energy and releases that energy to accelerate the bike enough so that its no longer necessary to downshift at stop signs and red lights.

Another fun project! Every 6 months or so I get excited about designing a flywheel for a bicycle, but it never gets anywhere. Now I'm more interested in springs than flywheels. I think I have an almost working design, but I always get excessively excited and optimistic about my own ideas.

Michael