[python] Re: flevo lowracer versus python

  • From: Ronald Hongsermeier <ronwhongsermeier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 18:02:11 +0100

tpj@xxxxxx wrote:
This is probably a question to Jürgen.
I am confused when browsing your python page.
What is the principle difference between your python and the flevo lowracer from Meindert Valenteijn from 1994? It is center-steered and has a negative trail. And it is a lowracer. So apart from the fact, that the python is assembled from conventional bike part, which is a great thing, isn't the flevo lowracer a python just as any other from your servey?

greetings
Thomas

Thomas,

http://basdekker.eu/fietsen/valenteijn.htm

If this is the bike you mean, apart from the obvious complexity, it's not a Knick-lenker, but steered from the axis of the front wheel assembly as a conventional bike, just with underseat steering. The python is steered principally by using your body and not directly by hand /*except for the doubly unorthodox...*/

If you don't mean the bike in the above URL, then I need to know what bike you're talking about...

regards,
Ron