[python] Re: faired Python

  • From: Rhisiart Gwilym <Rhisiart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:25:56 +0100

Siwmae Jurgen!

I know, I know. But.....

Some of the most competent pioneering people in the current re-flowering of bike culture have been saying for a while that a rideable FWDRWS is simply not practicable. But then along comes Dennis Renner, who evidently hadn't heard, and shows us his videos. You never know.

Anyway, it's too wet and cold here in the Winter to be without some kind of faired velo, whether Python or not, single track or three. And besides, I have a few ideas. And I promise if it's a fiasco, like Erik Wannee I'll post pictures and accounts of my total failures. Till then: cards close to chest. I have a few months before the weather gets uncomfortable again. I've just gone through this past Winter biking everywhere on a completely unfaired bike with just breathable waterproofs. But I'm damned if I'll ever run a car again. That's definitely finished for good. So, what's to lose? Gotta try!

Cof,   RhG

Hello Rhisiart and Jérémy,

are you talking of a faired two- or three wheeler?

The first one will not work at all and a faired python trike is also not the best idea, because the fairing cannot be hinged to the moving front part. Better not to waste time and material on this ...

Cheers,
Jürgen.