[python] Re: electric python

  • From: dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:12:00 +0100

sbartels@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> One question: If the python is PUSHED by a motor e.g. on a BOB-trailer -
> won`t
> that influence steering and wheel flop negatively?

Ray already did this with his python. Mounting the hub motor inside of
the rear wheel. It works fine, but reported that he placed to (bulky)
batteries to high & to much to the rear (he placed it above the rear
wheel). The batteries need to be placed more low and near to the natural
CG (e.g. under seat). You'll get better handling this way. The same is
true for luggage in general. That is why I use banana-bag shaped bags
hung over my seat for traveling.

Putting the motor in a trailer, I would believe is a bad idea, as in
corners the motor will push the bike over.

an electric assist python, that is not off topic, right? >:^)

Dirk