[python] Re: electric python

  • From: Dirk Steuwer <dirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 07:48:48 +0100

Hi,

there is generally two kinds of electric bikes. Pedelec, that assist you, only
powering the bike when you do and pure electric bike that drive you no matter
what you do. Both have at least in germany the limitation that beyond 25km/h
you are counted like a small motorbike and have to have a registration plate
with insurance. So the idea is that the speed limit allows manufacturers to
still sell it as a bike rather then motorbike.
There should be no reason why a cyclist that does 30km/h on his own, can't do
40km/h with the assistance of an electric motor. This would raise the need
for better brakes and solid frames...

regards,
Dirk