[python] electric python

  • From: brian smith <briannsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:37:53 -0500

National Public Radio in the USA had a 5 minute news episode this am Tuesday Nov. 28 on electric bicycles in China. Claiming that they typically cost 200-300 US dollars, had an average range of 40km, top speed about 25km/hour ........ 4 hour recharge time ........ and average cost of recharge 0.53 US dollar. Also that Shanghai had close to one million and that some large cities in China were attempting to ban them.

Also remarked that virtually none of the cyclists in China wore helmets.

No attraction for me ...... at age 79 I can maintain 22 km/hr on my rear drive recumbent with very little effort and I enjoy the exercise ....... also the complications of such a devise could be a hassle ........ also it hasn't snowed here since 1989. If i had to cycle on ice an electric trike might have some appeal. Although in the 50's and 60's I commuted (a round trip of 4 miles) on an upright bike during many Chicago winters with very few spills.
Warmest regards to all python builders,
Brian in S Carolina USA