[python] Re: dennis renner

  • From: Dirk Bonné <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 09:49:00 +0200

About handliing, I cannot believe it would be important to hve the pivot
going to the shoulders. It is just how this setup happens to be on his
bike.

If the pivot moves to much to the middle the self centering force will
prevent the bike from turning at all. If I'd make one I'd put the pivot
as near as possible to the rear wheel, and try out different pivot
angles (the angle on his bike is 71degrees).

I just found another project which turns the pivot angle around
(opposite of self centering):

    http://abiker.smugmug.com/Senior-Project-1

There are also some videos. They clearly have more problems there
(collapsing bike effect also the self centering is gone).

Dirk